Welcome to our Admissions page, we are so pleased you are looking to join us.
On this page there is lots of information and guidance about the application process. Moving or starting school is often exciting but can be a daunting process for both children and parents, we will work with you to make the process as smooth and happy as possible. Our office team is very knowledgeable about the admission process so if there is a question you cannot find the answer to here please do call us.
We welcome visits throughout the year. We like to arrange individual visits as well as our planned open mornings. Visits offer parents a one to one conversation with our Head Teacher as well as the opportunity to see our active, happy school during day. Please contact the school office on 0115 9271 54 to book.
Applying for a school place
Admissions to the school are processed by the Local Authority as part of the Nottinghamshire Coordinated Admissions Scheme – delete as appropriate). You will find guidance about application dates and access to online application forms for primary school places on the link above. Applications can also be made via post or over the phone.
The Published Admissions Number (PAN) for the school is 30 pupils
Admissions for 2023/2024
For admissions in September 2023/24:
- The application round opens on 7th November 2022 and closes on 15 January 2023
- The offer date for the September 2023 intake is 17th April 2023 (National Offer Day)
Admissions for 2022/23
- If you would like to make an in-year admission to move or change schools, please contact the Local Authority at any point in the year on the link above.
Link to check your school catchment area:
If your child has been refused a place and you would like to appeal against the decision, please see below further information on making an appeal.
In-year admissions only 2022/23
- If your appeal relates to an in-year admission you should submit your appeal within 28 days of being told that your application was unsuccessful.
2023/24 application round
- If your appeal is for a child transferring to a junior school or starting an infant or primary school in September 2023 and you are told of the decision on 17th April 2023 (National Offer Day) you should submit your appeal by 17th May 2023.
- If you are told of an infant, junior or primary decision after 17th April 2023 or it relates to an in-year admission you should submit your appeal within 28 days of being told that your application was unsuccessful.
How to appeal
- Your appeal, once submitted will be forwarded to an Independent Clerk and a date will be agreed for the hearing to take place within the mandatory guidelines. Your appeal should be sent to email@example.com using the form below and you will receive acknowledgement that the appeal has been received, update on the situation and contact details for the appeals clerk who will manage your appeal and keep you informed of progress, date and outcomes. Appeals will be held in line with the DfE’s School Admission Appeals Code (October 2022)
Appeals Timetable 2023/24:
National offer day – 17 April. Appeals to be made within 28 days and all appeals will be heard within 40 days during June and July.
Appeal Form – see separate document
Applications to Nursery
Please follow the link below for information about our Nursery admissions.