Pumpkin Carving Competition
The pumpkin competition was a great success again and the quality of the entries were phenomenal – it was extremely hard to judge. We raised £51.
Non-uniform day - 7th November 2019
Thankyou for all the wonderful donations for the Christmas hamper.
Summer Fair - 2018-2019
The PTA committee and members would like to say a huge well done on the hugely successful Summer Fair that was held in the Summer term. A massive £1142.34 was raised which is absolutely fantastic! Thank you to all who came along and supported the event.
We would also like to say a big thank you to Mandy Tyler for working hard to secure us lots of amazing raffle prizes, "Thank you Mandy" and another BIG thank you goes to all the businesses and establishments that provided those wonderful prizes.
- Thursday, 28th November - Snow Ball- The letter has now been sent out. If you would like a ticket, please return the slip along with payment to the office and then tickets will be issued soon.
- Friday, 29th November - Non uniform day - children to bring donations in for the Christmas Fair
- Monday, 9th December and Wednesday 11 December - PTA raffle at the Christmas Nativity performances
- Thursday, 12th December - Christmas Fair
Further details on some of these events will follow soon. Please check on school Dojo for information too.
We have funded...
- Ipads for use in classrooms
- Range of outdoor playground toys
- Sewing machines for Knit and Stitch Club
- Football Kit
- Dolls strollers for Nurture Group
- Keepsake book for every child
- Year 6 Leavers Pizza and Movie afternoon
- Contributed to various year group school trip
Summer Fayre July'19 £1,142.34
Fashion Show June’18 £368.77
Summer Fayre July ’18 £850.51
Summer Disco July ’18 £331
About the PTA
Since 2009 Hawthorne Parent Teacher Association has worked hard to put on a variety of fund-raising events such as fashion shows, Summer & Christmas Fayre’s, disco’s and competitions. All our profits go to benefit the children at our school and improve their learning environment.
We meet regularly and have an elected committee consisting of:
Joint Chairs – Vicky Inger and Kim Foster
Treasurer - Jessica Chester
Secretary - Debbie Gladish
If you are a parent or carer, and would like to join our Facebook page, please search for ‘ Bestwood Village Hawthorne Primary School PTA’. We also have a Whatsapp group for PTA members so if you would like to join please contact Kim or Vicky.
We are also a member of the PTA-UK.
We would like to thank you for your continued support. If you would like any further information regarding the PTA please contact Kim or Vicky through our school office.